Forest School is a child-centred inspirational learning process, that offers opportunities for holistic growth through regular sessions. It is a long-term programme that supports play, exploration and supported risk taking. It develops confidence and self-esteem through learner inspired, hands-on experiences in a natural setting.
- Forest School Association
The Forest School programme can offer significant benefits to a child's social, emotional and physical development, all of which can apply to other areas of life.
Here are some of the benefits.
- Develop a love for nature and all things outdoors.
- Use effective team work and communication skills.
- Be independent in your problem solving.
- Learn how to assess and take appropriate risks.
- Show resilience and determination to complete a task.
- Develop your fine and gross motor skills.
- Improve your physical fitness.
- Build new and strengthen existing relationships with peers.
- Be reflective and learn from your actions.
- Play games & explore the Forest School site.
- Experience, discover and learn from something new.
- Enjoy some well deserved time to laugh and HAVE FUN!
Every child at Forest Schools is equal, unique and valuable; free to initiate and drive their own learning & entitled to experience and benefit from regular success and achievement.
Forest Schools can be enjoyed by children of all ages.
The F2 children love their 'Muddy Mondays' with Mrs Smith :-)
"There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing."
- Alfred Wainwright
Clothing will depend on the weather, however, you should usually wear something that you don't mind getting dirty or damaged.
We would always recommend the following.
- Suitable and stable footwear
(e.g. walking boots, wellies or old trainers)
- Long trousers and a long sleeved jacket / t-shirt
(in case we're exploring in long grass or bushes)
- A suitable rain jacket or coat
(because it's England).
Other clothing and equipment you may need:
- A warm hat (if cold) or sun cap (if sunny)
- Suncream (for hot days)
- Thermal layers, gloves and a scarf (for cold days).
Our qualified Level 3 Forest School Leaders are
- Mrs Smith
- Miss Taylor
- Mrs K. Faulkner
- Mrs Studholme
- Mrs Eeles
- Mrs C. Faulkner